Evaluation

Overall, I was happy with the end product of our film, however I felt by only having a week that the quality of the content was rushed and we were unable to achieve what we set out to do. For example, we had intended to create a linear narrative and did, but it wasn't entirely clear that was happening. To fix this, I would add fades in and out during the editing process. Another problem I encountered was being available for the filming. My timetable often didn't correspond with the other people and actors in my group, so if I do it again I will make sure I have absolutely no responsibilities after college so I'm available. In the exposition, the combination of establishing shots and close-up shots were a bit shaky, so in future I will use a tripod to ensure its professional looking. What I felt was well thought out, however, was the mise-en-scene such as the red nails. Red symbolizes both lust and danger which worked well with the storyline as it starts out with a romantic theme (supported by the upbeat non-diegetic music) and suddenly turns into a thriller. A final thing I liked was the performance of the actors as both do drama; this added a more sophisticated element to the film.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Auteur Presentation Reflection

Winter's Bone Style

Wong