Auteur Presentation Reflection

On my presentation, I think I went into enough detail when talking not only about the themes of Lynch's films, but also about certain themes in general - such as surrealism. It was important for the listener to have no misconceptions on surrealism as I went into lots of detail on how it influenced Lynch's work, and how this style greatly supports the argument that he is an auteur.
I also used quotes from articles online and from the documentary David Lynch: The Art Life, therefore using more than just my own opinion to back up my argument. These quotes are easily identified within the PowerPoint as I've highlighted them in red.
The analysis I feel is in-depth, for example - I have mentioned Lynch's fear/struggle with parenthood several times and how it's inspired characters in his films, while also explaining some sources that may have caused him to create characters such as these, e.g. his own father. An important aspect of what makes an auteur an auteur is how their personal lives influence their films.
To improve, I would change the format to one where I'm able to crop the clips and have them on the presentation instead of on different tabs. I would also refer to the A-level film blog and textbooks when finding quotes on what an auteur is, and reduce the amount of text so the listener doesn't get overwhelmed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter's Bone Style

Film Coursework